About the Kensington Wing
Established in 2002, The Kensington Wing is the private maternity unit covering antenatal care, labour and postnatal care at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, with a community postnatal package. As one of the top three private maternity units in London, we welcome expectant parents locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
We provide round-the-clock clinical care, luxury en suite private rooms and hospitality services, and offer consultant-led or midwife-led care.
The Wing is located next door to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital’s recently expanded and refurbished Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to give you additional peace of mind, and a consultant anaesthetist is on site 24/7.
Why choose the Kensington Wing?
As one of the top three private maternity units in London, we are the first choice for many expectant parents. Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest maternity services in the country, where around 11,000 births are managed each year.
If you choose to have your care at The Kensington Wing, you will benefit from:
- Clinical backup services within the hospital – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Special Care Baby Unit (SBU), High Dependency Unit (HDU), women’s and children’s services
- Anaesthetic consultant on-site 24/7
- Midwife-led and consultant-led care packages
- Round-the-clock clinical care and luxury hotel-standard hospitality services
- Safety, comfort and privacy throughout your pregnancy
- One-to-one midwife care during labour
- Private en suite rooms to bond with your baby and loved ones including our luxury Kensington Suite all fitted with the latest medical facilities and equipment
- Birthing partner able to stay with you
- Flexible visiting times
- Well established dedicated private maternity unit since 2002
- Located in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC
- For consultant-led care, your choice of consultant
- Choice of delivery type (elective C-section or induction of labour)
- Experienced clinical team that includes midwives, nurses, obstetricians, neonatologists, maternity support workers and physiotherapists
- Specialised monitoring provided where operations are required
- Clinical back up provided by the hospital and specialist medical staff on hand, should any complications during pregnancy or labour arise
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the top ranked and top performing hospital Trusts in the UK, rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC. The hospital is also regarded as one of the safest hospitals in London, due to our statistically significantly lower than expected mortality rate.
Opened in 1993 by Queen Elizabeth II, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital offers a contemporary environment that in 2010 achieved museum accreditation through its Hospital Arts Programme and has more than 1,500 works of art on display. These include pieces by Allen Jones, Eduardo Paolozzi, Julian Opie and Paolo Veronese.
At Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, we are committed to provide excellence in teaching and research and are a teaching hospital for Imperial College as well as being the host of the Local Education and Training Board.
CW+ is the official charity of Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust. In 2022, The Kensington Wing and CW+ launched A Little Helping Hand, a fundraising initiative to support research into complications during pregnancy and childbirth.
Sadly, each year millions of babies and families are affected by premature births, complications during birth and birth defects – however, in many cases these complications could be prevented.
By choosing to donate to A Little Helping Hand, your gift will go towards our vital research in maternal health and complications in pregnancy and childbirth, and innovation programmes led by our nurses, midwives and doctors.
Together we can support pregnant women and their families, helping make a real difference to their pregnancy journey, birth and beyond.
To find out more and speak to the team about a donation, visit CW+’s website.
Work with us
At Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, we are proud to care for a diverse population of one million people who travel locally, regionally, nationally and internationally to receive specialist care at our hospitals and clinic. We are committed to ensuring that our workforce is just as diverse with a strong mix of skills and abilities.
Our staff are at the very heart of our organisation and we recognise the valuable contribution that each and every person working at the Trust makes. One of our Trust priorities is to be an employer of choice – a place where people want to start their career and to grow with us through continued education, professional development and support.
Visit Trac or the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital portal to view current vacancies.